Terms and Conditions
The My MindChecker website (the "Website") is owned and operated by Maverick Television Limited ("we", "us" and "our") and was commissioned by Channel Four Television Corporation ("Channel 4").
By using the Website, and taking the tests that are available on the Website you will be deemed to have accepted our disclaimer and privacy statement set out below, so please read these carefully (collectively the "My MindChecker Rules"). If you do not accept the My MindChecker Rules you do not have permission to use the Website in any way (including taking any tests within the Website or using any of the Website's functionality).
The information provided in the Website (including the tests and results information) is for use as information or for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified doctor or other qualified healthcare professional. While we and Channel 4 aim to ensure that any information contained in the Website is accurate, neither we nor Channel 4 warrant that such information is correct or will meet your health or medical requirements. The Website does not provide any medical or diagnostic services so you should always check with a health professional if you have any concerns about your health.
Terms governing the registration with and use of the Website:
- In order to use the Website you must be located in the United Kingdom and you must be 18 years old or over. If you are not located in the United Kingdom or are under the age of 18, then you do not have permission to use the Website.
- You do not need to register with the Website to take a test but please note that the information that you enter and your test results will be used in accordance with the privacy statement below.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Website (including all of the test information and content within the Website) shall remain at all times the property of us and/or our licensors and is protected by copyright law and other intellectual property laws throughout the world. All rights are reserved in the Website by us and our licensors.
- Subject to your continued compliance with the My MindChecker Rules, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferrable licence to use the Website and take the tests solely for your own personal non-commercial use until we cease to make the Website and/or the tests available (whether to you individually or generally, at our discretion).
- You hereby grant us (and parties authorised by us including Channel 4) a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, transferrable licence to copy, reproduce, store, display, make available, adapt, and communicate to the public (including broadcasting within the Embarrassing Bodies television series), modify and otherwise use your test results on an anonymised basis (no email addresses will be used). This may also include allowing all or some of the test results available to approved partners.
- Any copying, reproduction or any other form of distribution of the Website (or any content within it) other than in accordance with the My MindChecker Rules by you or any third party is prohibited and will constitute a copyright infringement.
- You acknowledge that we may delete your test results or the Website at any time for any reason without notice.
- We and Channel 4 have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the Website and the tests contain no errors, viruses or defects, however, neither we nor Channel 4 warrant that this is the case. The Website and tests are provided by us on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis and neither we nor Channel 4 give any warranties of any kind in relation to the Website, the tests or any content contained within them. We and Channel 4 disclaim all implied and statutory warranties in relation to the Website and the tests to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- You acknowledge and agree that Channel 4, us or our partners involved in providing the Website (or any content within it) shall not be responsible for any claims, losses or damages (whether direct or indirect) arising out of or in relation to any use by you of the Website or reliance of any information contained within it (except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law).
- We may amend these My MindChecker Rules at any time so please check them regularly as your continued use of the Website will constitute your acceptance of the My MindChecker Rules as amended.
- The My MindChecker Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The data we collect and why:
The purpose of the Website is to allow users to take multiple tests related to their mental health. We may collect the following personal data from you if you choose to use the Website:
- Answers to individual questions within each test. Some of the tests focus on specific medical problems, such as diabetes or OCD, so we may collect information related to your health when you take these tests.
What will your data be used for?
We may use your personal data as follows:
- Providing test results to you;
- Comparing your results with other users who have taken the test;
- Aggregating your anonymous test results with other users' results so that the overall results can be fed back into episodes of Embarrassing Bodies or Live From the Clinic and/or published on the channel4.com website;
- We may share anonymised test results with approved third parties for analytical purposes. This will always be done securely (such as by sending them a password protected file).
Where will your data be stored?
All the data that you provide will be stored in secure and encrypted servers on Channel 4's hosting infrastructure.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.